Join AFC to HIKE or BIKE for Mike, September 19 & 20!
- Kick-off: Acadia Family Center in Southwest Harbor on Saturday, at 9:00 AM.
- Hike or Bike all you want in Acadia for the next 2 days
- Summit Celebration: Sunday, at 5:00 PM at Acadia Family Center
HIKE & BIKE for Mike is a hike/bike-a-thon to support addiction recovery & prevention.
- Kick-off: Acadia Family Center, 1 Fernald Point Road in Southwest Harbor on Saturday, September 19, at 9:00 AM. If not signed up already you can register right there! Pick up your FREE Hike & Bike for Mike 2015 tee shirt printed by Royal Promotions (for first 100 registered racers)…and you’re on your way!
- Hike or Bike all you want in Acadia for the next 2 days – alone, or with family and friends.
- Summit Celebration: Sunday, September 20 at 5:00 PM at the Acadia Family Center in Southwest Harbor. Awards will be presented. Enjoy delectable snacks and good cheer!
Who Is Mike?
… an MDI business owner successful in recovery for 20 years.
… an 8th-grade student bringing her mother’s prescription drugs to a sleepover.
… beginning to worry that his children are being affected by his wife’s drinking.
… addicted to painkillers, out of work, and is ashamed to ask for help.
… a teenager, a grandmother, the daughter of an alcoholic, a summer resident, a lobster fisherman, a teacher.
… any one of us who is affected, directly or indirectly by substance abuse or addiction.
Acadia Family Center provides prevention, education, and outpatient treatment services for adolescents, adults, and families affected by substance abuse, chemical dependency, and related mental health disorders.